Monday, April 17, 2006

When was my last best...

meal?
The first time Kit and I went to Majestic Buffet for dinner.
Fried salt and pepper shrimp. Dragon roll. Xi mi yu tou. Cold jellyfish. Beef on stick.

kiss?
That time I was in your room and I shivered afterwards. You didn't, but I did.

crush?
Ahhh... not many months ago there was a pretty good one, but I would say that before that, my favorite and most memorable was back in the day of Landua and his skateboard. What a dork I am.

breakup?
I am sure that this will be my best breakup forever in my life. We were on the way to the airport. Conversation was not our priority in that early morning. As we pulled up to your stop, I said, "Have a good vacation." You replied, "You too." "I'll see you around." "Yeah." No extraneous words, no unrequited feelings.

run?
Spring track, Colonial Hills Conference, junior year (?). I felt like an old fart, running the mile with a bunch of froshies and sophomores. It seems as though each year weeded out a few more runners from returning. I ran an even race, keeping my pace and not trying to expend too much energy in the first 800, but I really picked it up from the middle of the pack around the 1000 mark, and caught up to the girl lumbering around 8th/9th place. Three of us were close then, one girl edged quickly ahead, spurred on by the sudden competition. Big Girl and I ran next to eachother for the last 200, hugging that curve without squeezing eachother, and at the finish line, we were both huffing (well, mine has always been more of a rhythmic wheezing that sounds like the asthma that I don't have), and I leaned her out! Her coach was at the sideline next to mine, and as mine was congratulating my lean, hers was berating her for letting my torso beat hers. Ha ha.

game?
Senior year high school, last regular season field hockey game. Everyone was pulling so hard to rally, for the best possible end to the best season in years. We lost. Practically everyone was crying. Then we had to ride the bus home, with everyone bitching at everyone else. But it was the best.

party?
Our summer party in the 3941 Chestnut Brothel! I was the house Madame. I can hear our Southern Belle now: "Am I a tease?" and I replied in my head, "Yes, but only until the lights are off." Mudslides, Coladas, and slushie everythings. Honey Brown bottles. People everywhere. I don't even remember if I had a hookup that night. No doubt it must have been unmemorable, if it did exist. Sorry bub. I vaguely remember my home fries driving down for the fiesta. Pancake breakfast! That was the best. I miss being the house mom.

No comments: