Wednesday, April 26, 2006

ISO

I don't remember who it was the other day who asked the group, "What does 'ISO' stand for?" To which Hobag and I replied, almost in unison, "In Search Of."

This is the vocabulary of a particular group of single college grads. The grammar is comprised of life-shaping lists, verbs derived from nouns, and questions with no answers.

My ISO:

Someone who...
can do the crossword as a team
will eat all-you-can-eat buffet
sings at the top of their lungs in the middle of the bar
will notice if I am not happy
will squeeze my hand at just the right moment, or any moment
appreciates etiquette
works hard
attempts to plan
makes me feel special (cliche, I know), rather than routine
will not make me feel silly for reading children's books
wants to walk instead of drive
will teach me things that I cannot find in books.

I think that's it for now.

No comments: