Sunday, February 12, 2006

snow, snow, go away

i've noticed that i grind my teeth when i drive. i don't always notice while i am driving, but my jaw is sore when i get to work and when i get home.

this snowstorm was deceiving. i thought it was going to bring me a snow day, but alas, it has not. it has, however, brought me several snow and ice covered streets with icy-snow mounds in their centers which scrape against the bottom of my car. i parked rather precariously -- both on the corner of my block at at a fire hydrant. i am totally not allowed to park there, but the entire lot at my apartment was full, not that i could have conquered the snow mound in front of the driveway anyway.

i just feel totally drained. i had a crazy moment. where i freaked out in the car in the snow and just had to pull over.
i really hope i don't have work tomorrow because my car is totally stuck in the snow on the corner.

you know what's weird? i also thought about this in my crazy moment (i don't remember why, but i remember thinking about it):
how in my life, i have been told that i am beautiful just as many times as i have been told i am ugly. i have heard it in all different ways, from all different people -- children, peers, adults. it sucks. and this is why i cannot take positive comments on my physical appearance. for every compliment, i await the opposing insult.

No comments: