Monday, October 30, 2006

bloggy

School has made me so tired. I want to write all the time. Rather, I want to blog all the time. I want to get things off of my chest, I want to remember, I want people to know, I want to make footprints.

I end up writing a lot in my fieldwork notes, my class notes, my blackboard posts, and telling Jamie. This is something that I wouldn't share in any of those fora.

Last night's dream:
This was definitely a dream where I was resolving a current issue in my unconscious. I start out in a city, which I guess is either Philadelphia or New York. I am somewhere familiar where there are many African men. One of them is a cabbie, and we know eachother by face. He leaves and I am there with 2 friends, deciding whether I should walk to the next corner, which would be 3rd, or walk another block to 4th before I catch either a bus or a cab to where I need to go. I decide to start walking towards 4th and call for a cab to meet me there. I call the African cabbie that I know by face, but he doesn't recognize my voice as I ask him to pick me up at 4th street in 5 minutes. I am suddenly unsure that I want him to pick me up so I tell him I will call him back. I stop and realizde that I am in front of the hotel where I am supposed to go. Dad and I were going to an award dinner for girls at school or something just for women. It was in a hotel, and I went inside early. In the entranceway there is a split staircase leading to the second floor where I know the dinner is. There is an old man staring at me in the lobby, but I do not make eye contact.
Inside the room, people are still setting up. I see 2 tables with nametags, and spot mine quickly, though there is more than one de la Torre and more than one name with de la. I go to the back room where there are illegal immigrants washing dishes for the event, because they are still setting the tables. My boyfriend is there, but it is actually my friend's boyfriend, but he is mine in the dream. The kitchen manager puts him to work, which upsets me. I take him by the hand and we go upstairs to what is my house, where my dad is getting ready for this event. He is using the bathroom, and boyfriend and I decide to make out on my parent's bed with the tv on. My dad walks by and we stop. We sit and then Dad is ready to go. We go downstairs, find seats, and I sit next to my boyfriend as my Dad goes off to do something. For some reason, we leave the room again, I think to go to the dishwashing room. When we return, the whole event is over, everyone has eaten and left, and no one can tell me who won what awards. I go outside to find my Dad or to leave. It is sunny and I am in a parking lot with sneakers lined up in two double rows of pairs of shoes, and people are looking for their shoes. I am looking for my shoes, and I think they are grey and pink sneakers. Once I find them, I know that I can leave. Johnsworth is there.
Wake up.

No comments: